Currently, I'm done with Murumuru's shirt, panties + tail, and bracelet.
I made the shirt from scratch out of some pattern I used for my Ciel cosplay long long time ago. I altered the pattern quite a bit, but I think the vest came out a little short >.> oh well.
Anyhow, onto the bracelet tutorial:
1. Buy some cheap plastic bracelet and clay. I used La Doll Premier Lightweight Stone Clay, I like this type of clay because it is very easy to sand.
2. Then, I just wrapped strips of clay onto the plastic bracelet. This step would be a lot easier if you use water, water really helps to soften the clay. Well, my clay is a little old, so it kinda dried out. >.>
Here are the two I made, obviously, they are not perfect, but I can sand them down later to make them a little rounder and smoother. They took about 24 hours to completely dry.
3. Sanding. This process takes a little bit of patience, and know when to quit. The good thing is, if you mess up, you can probably just add some more clay onto it.
See, it's a lot better!
4. Gesso. I use a type of transparent gesso from Liquitex, it was just something I had from painting, but I'm sure you can using any gesso that works with whatever your paint is going to be. This step is important because the plastic part of the bracelet is very smooth and hard to paint, you could even sand it so that the gesso would go on more easily.
5. Painting! I painted everything white :D
6. Glaze or Clear nail polish. Since I couldn't find my clay glaze, I just used some spare nail polish.
Anyways, I also started to make the little cat pin
hehe, it really needs to be sanded >.<
Here's everything I have so far: